Friday, February 24, 2012

My Current Adventure: Touring the US on 2 wheels


I'm so ready to travel and learn about the world, and I'm going to start my first adventure this summer.  What better place to start traveling than your own backyard?  I'll be traveling the country from one end of the country to the next on two wheels in 70 days.  I joined the Illini 4,000 for cancer and after raising 3500 dollars to donate to cancer research, I'll be cycling as an advocate for the cause.

Here's the mission of our organization, it's so inspiring and I'm so happy to be a part of something as large as cancer.  It's also a good way to pay tribute to my Aunt Kathy Jo, who is actually responsible for taking me on my first plane ride.  Breast cancer is out of control. 

Mission: The Illini 4000 is a non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against cancer, the support of those affected by cancer, and the documentation of how cancer impacts the lives of Americans. Through our annual cross-country bike ride, we reach out to new communities and new individuals each year spreading our message of hope and awareness. As long as cancer remains an issue of public health, as long as cancer affects daily life, and so long as cancer takes its toll, we shall continue our fight.


 Major Cities/Locations: 
 New York City, NY 
 Washington DC 
 Philadelphia, PA 
 Columbus, OH 
 Champaign, IL 
 Chicago, IL 

 Rochester, MN 
 Yellowstone National Park 
 Missoula, MT 
 Portland, OR 
 Florence, OR (Pacific Coast!) 
 San Francisco, CA




Side Note:  We'll also be staying in my small, humble hometown of Clifton Illinois.

Quote of the day:  “Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard

No comments:

Post a Comment