Thursday, April 5, 2012

Destination Numero Nueve: Travel by car, without actually owning one.

http://www.codysmart.com/hitchhike/index2.html

I don't have much to say except that whoever reads this should automatically click on the above link and check out an incredible story with some even more amazing photographs.

Hitchhiking is like the ultimate adventure for me.  I've never done it, but I really really want to.  It's extremely dangerous and arguably a stupid thing to do.  But when you're young and you can...I feel like you should.  If I ever did it, I think people would try to tell me it's too dangerous, especially a young girl. I think they're right.  But, I hate how sexist that has to be.  Maybe I'm a really physically strong young girl.  Maybe I'd be better at hitchhiking than lots of boys my age.  Or maybe I'm just more clever and could get out of danger faster.

I guess this blog has been themed around traveling the United States a lot.  I think thats one of my main goals in life.  Of course, I want to travel the world...but there's so much here...America is full of so much diversity, not just within her vast landscapes...but with the people and the communities as well. I'm fascinated by people and driven to see this land for all that it is.  Every state has a story, and all across each state, county roads have a million more to tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment